3 Ways to Fix This Person Isn’t Available on Messenger
Have you encountered the message “This person is not available on Messenger” when trying to message a user on Facebook Messenger and you cannot message this user? Several factors can cause this and in this article, we will discuss some ways to fix “This person is not available on Messenger” issue. Additionally, you can read how to read Facebook messages without being seen.
Why do I see “This person is not available on Messenger”?
There can be several reasons for “This person is not available on Messenger” issue on Facebook Messenger. Below we have added some reasons why the error may occur.
- You are blocked by User: One of the possible reasons for the error message is that the person you are trying to message has blocked you.
- You blocked the user: If the user didn’t block you, it’s also possible that you blocked them on Messenger or Facebook by mistake.
- Account deactivated or deleted: If the blocking is not the reason, chances are the user has deactivated or deleted their account.
- Account banned or terminated: It’s also possible that Facebook has terminated or banned the account of the person you’re trying to message on Messenger.
How to fix “This person is not available on Messenger”?
Now we know the reasons why the error “This person is not available on Messenger” appears in Facebook Messenger, let’s see the methods to fix it. In this article, we have added three ways to fix this problem.
Check if you are blocked
As we mentioned above, if the user has blocked you, you will not be able to send him messages and receive the error message. Below are the steps by which you can check whether he has blocked you on Messenger or not.
1. Open Facebook on mobile or PC.
2. Log in to your account in which you get the error message.
3. Search for the user in the search box.
4. If you are unable to find the user’s profile, you can search for the user’s profile from another account.
5. If you find the user’s profile from another account, it means that the user has blocked you.
Check if you have blocked them
If the user did not block you on Messenger, you should check if you blocked them by mistake. Here is how you can check whether you have blocked the user or not.
1. Open Messenger on your device and log in to your account.
2. Now open the chat in which you have the error.
3. On a web browser, hover over the user’s profile and press the three points icon. On mobile, tap and hold the discussion.
4. If you see the Block option on the next screen, that means you have not blocked the user.
5. Although, if you see the Unblock option, just tap on it to Unlock the user.
6. Now you will be able to send messages without any problem.
Check if their account has been deleted or disabled
If you are neither blocked by the user nor blocked them, but still receive the error message, it is possible that the user has deleted or deactivated their account. However, there is no foolproof method to find out whether he has deleted or deactivated his account or not, but you can confirm it by looking at different accounts. Here’s how you can check it.
1. Launch Facebook Messenger.
2. Search for the account in the search box.
3. If you don’t see the account in the search results, search for it from another account.
4. If you are unable to find it from other accounts as well, that means the user has deleted Where disabled their account.
Conclusion: this person is not available on Messenger
In this read, we explained how you can fix “This person is not available on Messenger”. I hope you found this reading useful, if you did; hit the like button and share this article with your friends and family to help them know the solution. Check out more tips linked below and stay tuned for more tech tips and updates.
You might be interested in:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube channel.