How to edit your child’s information in Messenger Kids
On Messenger Kids, it’s easy to establish online connectivity for your children while keeping an eye on them.
Parents can edit the information as they wish and have full control over their children’s chats.
In this article, we will see how to edit your child’s information in the Messenger Kids app.
What can you add to your child’s information on Messenger Kids?
There are several reasons why you might want to add your child’s information to Messenger Kids. This ranges from including their pronouns so other contacts can see them, to including a profile picture and name or nickname.
Here is an overview of the different fields you can add…
Messenger Kids gives your child the opportunity to show their pronouns. He/him, She/her and They/them are the pronouns available in Messenger Kids.
Parents can choose one from the list, which will be saved for future reference. This simple step encourages children to embrace their identity and step out into the world with confidence.
Like most adults, kids also like to share their photos on social media. Although Messenger Kids does not have a story feature like the standard version, there is an option to change the profile picture.
Parents can choose a profile photo of their choice or have their child choose one. This way everyone on the list can stay up to date on your child’s appearance. You can also delete it if you are concerned about the safety of Messenger Kids.
When you create an account on Messenger Kids, your name and personal information is required. Parents can remove names or change them if someone else (a sibling) is using that account.
How to add your child’s information in Messenger Kids
You can edit your child’s information in Messenger Kids from your own Facebook account connected to the app.
Facebook lets you do this both on the website or using the mobile app.
Changing personal information on Messenger Kids via smartphone
You can edit your child’s information on Messenger Kids using the Facebook app. Make sure the account you’re using is signed in to Messenger Kids.
To activate Messenger Kids, you need to download Facebook and the Messenger Kids app on your device. It is available for iOS and Android.
Here’s how to edit the information via a smartphone:
- Open your Facebook app. You will be directed to the Home page.
- At the bottom right you will see three horizontal lines marked Menu. Tap it to open a list of features offered by Facebook. If you don’t see Messenger Kids instantly, scroll down to find it.
- Open the Kids Messenger Account. All accounts connected to your Facebook account will appear. Select the one you want to modify.
- Faucet Controls from the top tabs. This will take you to the customizable settings.
- Select Edit information. It will open your child’s Account details. Here you can change your child’s first name, last name, date of birth and pronouns and add or remove the profile picture.
To download: Facebook for Android | iOS
To download: Messenger Kids for Android | iOS
How to change your child’s profile picture
To change your child’s profile picture:
- Press on Change picture. This will open your camera roll. You also have the option of using the camera directly. Tap the camera icon to open it and take photos.
- Choose the photo you want to use as your profile picture. Make changes in the edit menu (if needed).
- Tap the Check mark to update the profile picture.
How to change name and date of birth
To change your child’s name and date of birth, follow these steps:
- Select whether you want to change the last name, first name or both. Tap on the area where the name is mentioned and your phone keypad will appear. Replace the name with the desired one.
- Similarly, to change the date of birth, tap the current date of birth to open a calendar. Choose the new date. You can also remove it entirely by selecting Clear date of birth.
- Select to safeguard after making the desired changes.
How to change pronouns
Follow these steps to change pronouns in the Messenger Kids app:
- If the pronouns are not specified or if you want to change them, press the menu to open the list.
- Select your child’s pronouns.
- Select to safeguard. You can also clear pronouns if they are already listed.
Editing personal information on Messenger Kids via Desktop
Messenger Kids also allows parents to edit their child’s information through a desktop computer. You can use the same method when using a Chromebook or a browser on your phone (like Safari for iPhone or Google Chrome for Android).
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account connected to Messenger Kids to open the Home page.
- The leftmost bar shows the services offered by Facebook in your area. You can find Kids Messenger in the list by scrolling down.
- Click on Kids Messenger to open connected accounts.
- Choose the account you want to make changes to.
- Select Controls to access a menu with all relevant features. Thanks to updates to Messenger Kids Parental Controls, only parents can open this menu.
- In the menu, press Edit information open Account settings. You can edit information such as username, date of birth, and gender from here. The desktop version does not allow you to add/change pronouns.
7. Move your cursor to the name box and edit it accordingly. Remember that it is mandatory to have a first and last name.
- Similarly, update your child’s date of birth and gender.
- Select to safeguard to apply the changes.
- If you no longer want your child to use Messenger Kids, or if they are past the age to use it, there is an option to Delete account and erase all information.
Change information on Messenger Kids with ease
Messenger Kids incorporates cool features and safe technology to let kids socialize with loved ones. Parents can edit Messenger Kids account information to keep everyone informed and safe.
You can use your Facebook account connected to Messenger Kids to access settings and make changes.
It is possible to perform this activity using the Facebook app on a smartphone or desktop browser. We hope this step-by-step guide helps you make the relevant changes to your child’s Messenger account as you wish.