“Joe against the Fall-cano.” | Twisted media
Joe Biden is having a less-than-stellar September thanks to crises abroad and setbacks at home, the the Wall Street newspaperJeff Horwitz’s Jeff Horwitz talks to Tommy Vietor about his team’s scathing five-part series on Facebook, and early voting begins in the most important and competitive out-of-year election, Virginia Governor between Terry McAuliffe and Glenn Youngkin.
UNHAPPY IS JOE
- AP News: Macron to meet with Biden amid submarine crisis
- ABC: Pentagon drone strike reconnaissance was the correct answer: Mullen
- Politics: Confusion over Biden recall plan annoys governors
- NBC: United States closes part of Texas border and begins repatriating Haitians
- Reuters: Analysis: French rupture is a blow to the reconstruction of Biden’s alliance centered on China
- CNBC: Fauci defends FDA panel, says he made no mistake in rejecting Covid booster injections for all Americans
- Fox: NBC’s Chuck Todd Says Biden Has ‘A Pretty Big Credibility Crisis’ After Weekend Setbacks
- PA: A Beautiful Afternoon: Setbacks Put Biden’s Reset at Risk
- Vox: Nuclear submarines and diplomatic explosion: the American-French confrontation, explained
- Politics: POLITICO Playbook: What the Pentagon Knew About This Drone Attack
- WaPo: Biden’s entire presidential platform hinges on expansive spending bill
- NYT: The Pentagon acknowledges that the August 29 drone strike in Afghanistan was a tragic mistake that killed 10 civilians.
- US Department of Defense: Statement by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on the results of the Central Command investigation into the airstrike of August 29
- Boston Globe: Four things to know about the FDA panel recall vote
- NYT: How Hope, Fear, and Misinformation Drove Thousands of Haitians to the US Border
- WaPo: Is Biden Normalizing Trump’s Foreign Policy?
JEFF HORWITZ ON THE WSJ FACEBOOK FILES
- WSJ: Facebook files
- WSJ: Facebook says its rules apply to everyone. Company documents reveal an exempt secret elite.
- WSJ: Facebook knows Instagram is toxic to teenage girls, company documents show
- WSJ: Facebook has tried to make its platform a healthier place. He got angrier instead.
- WSJ: How Facebook Hindered Mark Zuckerberg’s Attempt To Get America Vaccinated
- BIZ INSIDER: Facebook responds to damning Wall Street Journal reports that company is “riddled with flaws”
- SALON: Mark Zuckerberg’s Bad Week: Senators demand answers after article reveals Instagram toxic to children
- NYT OP-ED: Facebook’s endless apologies
RACE OF GOVERNORS OF VIRGINIA
- The hill: Virginia governor’s race enters new phase with early voting begins
- WaPo: McAuliffe, Youngkin locked in tight race for governor of Virginia, Post-Schar school poll finds
- Politics: Voting begins in crucial Virginia governor race
- Yahoo: Virginia governor’s race is next in national spotlight
- CNN: McAuliffe, Youngkin argue over Covid vaccine requirements in first debate in Virginia
- C-SPAN: Debate of the Governor of Virginia in full video
- CORRUGATED: McAuliffe, Youngkin in neck-and-neck race for Virginia governor, new poll shows ahead of first debate
- FiveThirtyEight: Why a Republican Could Win in Virginia Governor’s Race and How New Jersey’s Race Could Get Tighter
- WaPo Editorial: Abortion enters the race for governor of Virginia
- Atlantic: The Trump Suburban Squirm