WhatsApp Payments rewards users! This is how you can redeem Rs 105
WhatsApp Payments service was launched in India in November 2020 for a limited set of users at first. Later the update was rolled out for another group of app users in June 2021. Now we all have the payment service option which is now available for all WhatsApp users in the country .
According to reports, the social messaging platform is offering Rs 35 cash back to users who pay or send money to friends or family through the app.
WhatsApp user can redeem the new cashback rewards by sending money to three different contacts in their WhatsApp contact list. And up to three times they can make the payments and redeem the cashback.
The cashback information was shared on WhatsApp‘s FAQ page, where the social messaging platform said, “We are introducing a cashback promotion for some WhatsApp users. If you become eligible for the promotion, you will see a gift icon when you send money to an eligible recipient.”
If you encounter the pointers below, you are eligible for WhatsApp Payments cashback:
- If you see a gift icon when sending money, it means you are eligible
- If you have been using WhatsApp for a month of at least 30 days, you are eligible
- If you have added your bank details, you are eligible
- You must have the latest version of WhatsApp to be eligible.
Who will not be eligible for cashback?
- Payments made without any gift icon on WhatsApp
- Payments made via QR code
- Payments are made after entering the recipient’s UPI identifier. This means that you are not yet registered on WhatsApp Payments
- WhatsApp Business is not eligible for the cashback promotion.