Where are the audios that WhatsApp records on the mobile and how to recover them
Many of us greeted it as a strange novelty, why send a voice message while being able to write? But as always with news, there is a period of adaptation, and nowadays there are those who for months – years – who no longer write on WhatsApp, they only send audios.
Vocal notes, a very low weight audio file which are saved quickly and sent immediately, they are one of the star features of WhatsApp, but did you know that all the ones you send and receive are stored on your smartphone?
Find WhatsApp Notes Folder on Mobile
All the multimedia material you send and receive via WhatsApp is available in the app’s chat because is stored in the phone memory, either in internal storage or on a microSD card – if it has a slot and you have inserted one.
If you are looking for a particular voice note, you can search for it in that folder and save it, send it via email, services like WeTransfer, even use it as a melody, etc.
To find these audios in your terminal, you need to do the following:
- Find and open Android File Explorer. You can choose to go to Settings> Storage> Internal storage (If it doesn’t appear, click the icon at the top left of Storage Settings) > Explore, and with that you will see the folders saved internally.
- Another option is to search among mobile icons if you have a folder called Utilities and / or an icon called My Files, which acts as a direct access to the backup space
- Once in the internal memory of the mobile, scroll down to find the general WhatsApp folder
- Enter and you will see several. You are interested in whoever says Media
- Inside you’ll see a large number of folders, each dedicated to specific media content in the app, be it wallpapers, animated GIFs, and more. Scroll down until you find a WhatsApp Voice Notes call.
- Again sorted by folders you have all the voice notes you sent and received via WhatsApp -If you have been doing it for years with the same mobile, you will have a good number of files. Some will be in older codecs like.AAC, and the most recent in .OPUS.
- You also may not find this folder in internal storage so if when you open My Files you get between several categories Audio, enter and one of the folders will be WhatsApp Audio.
Read WhatsApp voice memos
If you want to listen to WhatsApp audio notes outside of the app, you may need to a player that supports these audio formats. We recommend you OPUS reader, one of the most versatile and also has its own file manager to manage, delete, exchange or organize notes on the mobile.
NOTICE: It does not work if you have deleted audio from WhatsApp
An important note: if you deleted a voice note from WhatsApp and are looking for how to get it back, looking for it in its original folder will not be valid if you gave Remove multimedia from the mobile. I want to say: if you deleted it directly from WhatsApp chat, because this app command removes the note from the terminal storage.
Disclaimer: This article is generated from the feed and is not edited by our team.